Topic: Biblical Passage: 2 Timothy 3:15–3:17
2 Timothy 3:15-17; Jude 1:3
Is God speaking to you?
God wants to speak to you directly.
Sufficiency of Scripture
* God opens your blind eyes supernaturally
What is written in scripture is enough to let you see things as they really are.
* Through scripture we become grace oriented
* It produces good works
God speaks today
God leads, he is sovereign over your thoughts, he pushes and guides
Ways He Guides Us
* Sovereign Charge: Overt, Pervasive and Invasive. (Acts 16)
* Mandates in Scripture
* Wisdom (Romans 12:2)
* Guide our individual actions by communicating to us His direct will
Why are we not hearing the voice of God?
When God speaks it costs great self sacrifice. When God speaks it is not for your comfort, it is for your joy and His presence.
Your greater joy is to hear from God.
Meths about hearing the voice of God
* God wants you to be comfortable, safe and secured.
* If I am in tune with God, who will always lead me in a personal and direct way
* God give you direction so you can get your way and manipulate others
* You can do nothing; you have to wait until God communicates. That you have no role to play in hearing what God has to say.