Engaging in Battle
Topic: Biblical Passage: Numbers 11:1–11:6
1 Corinthians10:6,10 These things are in scripture because it’s a warning.
Chapters 1-10 in the book Numbers is all about a renewed life in the presence of God in supreme Joy.
Aaron’s Blessing - Numbers 6:22-27 - God delights in us!
Premise: The Gospel in us, Lived out in community, is sufficient for supreme joy. It’s the Gospel plus nothing else.
Matthew 13 Jesus teaches about the parables, the parables are like the Kingdom.
Things that are not going to be in heaven that we enjoy here: Having children, money, jobs (only job is worshiping the Lord), no marriage, etc.
Counter Gospel Principles:
*The Gospel is not sufficient
- Acts 3:1-6, 12-20
*Sacrifice and Suffering are to be avoided or at least are intended for someone else!
- Your on mission
- John 17 - God has called us to suffer and supreme joy
*The worst thing ... turned over!
- Romans 1:16
7 Idols (From: Tim Keller):
3. Being Smart
4. Being attracted
- Stealing the blessing is what idolatry is.
1. What do you think about a lot?
2. What do your fear most of losing?
3. What do you find your identity in?
4. What makes you secured?
5. What you wanna be known for?
6. What causes you emotional mood swings?
7. People that know you intimately, what would they say you idol is?
8. What do you spend most of your time doing?