Introduction to Ephesians
Topic: Biblical Passage: Ephesians 1:1–1:2
* Ecclesiastes 2:9-11 NO HOPE AND CHANGE FOUND IN ANYTHING OF THIS WORLD!
1. We try harder to make the things of this world work, to rescue us to create real hope and real change. (Legalism)
2. Just quit (Lawlessness)
3. By the Grace and will of God, we get knocked off our feet by the hope and change that only the Gospel of Jesus Christ can bring. The only solution.
* Ephesians 1:1-2
Paul (Roman name), Saul (Jewish name)
1. The will of God. (Sovereign Grace of God)
-Humans are not seeking God, none are righteous according to Romans.
* Acts 9:1-6; John 14:6; Acts 26:1-4; Philippians 3:4-8; Ephesians 1:18-23
2. Purpose of the King of Kings, Jesus is the King.
1. Everybody's eyes are closed from birth.
2. They are in darkness, ruled over by Satan.
3. Proclaim the Gospel so they can see the light and no longer ruled under Satan. Proclaim the truth of forgiveness of sin.
* 2 Corinthians 5:14-15,17-21