Hebrews: Jesus, Period, End of Discussion!
Topic: Biblical Passage: Hebrews 1:1–1:3
Prosperity gospel theology has the idea that God shows His favor by giving people comfort, security and physical blessings based on their exemplary behavior, exemplary ministry or exemplary lifestyle.
Problems of prosperity:
1. God to prosper you is not true to scripture, He is not a genie. Manipulating God from your exemplary behavior is a problem.
2. It allows you to hold on your self righteousness.
3. It allows us to hold on to your idols.
Nobody is worse than you are, you are as bad as it gets!
Unless you change your mind, repent, you are as bad as you can be.
1. A Word of God, that speaks to us! In the Old Testament it is called a Prophet to bring healing into lives. The ultimate Prophet is Jesus!
2. Office of priesthood will offer sacrifices by killing of animals. Animal was a subsitute of sinner for temporary healing. Looking forward to the High Priest which is Jesus, whose sacrifice is a better sacrifice.
3. The kings looked forward to Jesus, You need a King.
1. God speaks through Jesus, from coming in form of man to speak to us.
* Psalms 8:1-4
2. God so loved you, He loves you. He sent His Son!
What if Jesus had not come, been born? It will be a world without hope, a world without love.
God has spoken and changed the world for the better! Everything in the Old Testament is fulfilled by, completed by and pointed to the prophetic word name Jesus.
1. Jesus is the Gospel, the greater Word.
2. Jesus is the heir of all things! King of the World.
3. Jesus is the radiance of the Glory of God and exact imprint of His nature.
Jesus is greater than all!