Hebrews: No Way Out
Topic: Biblical Passage: Hebrews 2:1–2:4
Salvation: to be rescued from a cramped place of a no way out and put at a wide open place.
Relate to Jesus as King of your life.
-If you reject the message of salvation, you will stand under the wrath of God forever.
*Deuteronomy 33:1-4 The law was stewarded by angels.
The law has two main ideas:
1. God made a promise. " I will be their God, they will be my people and I will dwell among them."
2. There is a stipulation. You will be Holy because God is Holy.
Your best life is to be in the presence of God.
The law provided a way out: sin offering, burnt offering. Sacrifice with blood.
Your in just penalty of your sin.
a. The Jewish system, diminishing the law.
b. Those who are committed to Christ. Love Him more than their own lives.
c. Those who sit on the fence, drifting.
1. You organize your life to be on mission for Jesus.
Be warned if you live there (not having Jesus in the center of your life) , you will stay under the wrath of God forever.
2. Jesus is the best life, the only way. Fear is going to cause you to drift.
3. Living like Jesus is the only way to make us humble.
Pay attention to what you heard.
4. Produces a thankful heart.