Hebrews: The Gospel Cuts Deep
Topic: Biblical Passage: Hebrews 4:11–4:12
The Sharp Sword of the Gospel
* Jeremiah 15:16; Psalms 119:103 ; Jeremiah 20:7-9
1. God has spoken through Jesus Christ.
2. The word reveals that Jesus is our archegon, our captain, our savior.
3. He has done this (rescue) by making purification from sin, sending His Holy Spirit, and offering a life at rest in His presence.
4. The great aim of this life and the one to come is to enjoy His presence now and forever...together, called the house of God.
5. The means (the way this occurs) is in the sustained faith in the Gospel.
You're not acceptable to God by your behavior.
The power of the Gospel to bring us into Rest
1. God does it all. It is by His grace. (2 Peter 1:12-16)
2. Faith access grace. (Romans 5:1-2)
3. The content of faith is the Gospel. (2 Peter 1)
4. "Today" ...renew your mind. (Romans 12:1-2)