Hebrews: Restless Sinners
Topic: Biblical Passage: Hebrews 7:13–7:19
Two types of tired people
1. Those who believe in their goodness. Fatigue when trying so hard to be good by your own good works. Matthew 11:28
2. Burden by their own sin, tired. Matthew 5:6
*Romans 3:10 NONE is righteousness, no not one.
*Romans 5:20 You cannot follow the Law because you are a broken sinner.
God brings the High Priesthood, picture of the solution.
* Hebrews 7:15-16
1. Jesus is the fulfillment of Melchizedek. Melchizedek teaches about Christ is that he is the king of righteousness and peace to Gods people.
2. Melchizedek has no genealogy
3. Because of these things he brings us to God, he gives us a better hope.
Hebrews 10:1, 8-10 Better hope:
1. Because what Jesus has done God is completely satisfied, the work is over.
2.He has perfected for all time; those who are being sanctified, transformed!