reBoot: Spiritual Gifts
Topic: Biblical Passage: 1 Corinthians 12:4–12:20
*1 Corinthians 10:23-24,30-31
*1 Corinthians 12:4-20
1. Everyone has a part in the body, a spiritual gift. Not if, but how!
2. You are not alone, Rambo.
3. Coordinated, interlock purpose for the good of the body.
*Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4, 1 Peter 4
*Ephesians 1:3-14, 2:5-10, 3:7,9-10,14
1. You have been called, everything else in life is subsumed by calling.
2. The gift is a gift for Him, His glory. Sovereignty bestowed and Holy Spirit empowered.
3. Coordinated effort:
- "equipping the saints" to make someone completely adequate or sufficient for something, 'to make adequate, to furnish completely, to cause to be fully qualified, adequacy.'
- resulting in the building of the church.
-You have a job to do, to display the riches of His grace.
-For His glory!
-For the good of the local church with global church implications.