Topic: Biblical Passage: Joshua 9:1–9:15
*Joshua 9:1-15, Numbers 27:18-23
Pride is when we act independently of the presence of God without prayer before the living God.
Expose the hiding work of pride:
1. Without the council of God, acting on what seemed right.
*2 Corinthians 5:7, Proverbs 16:25
2. Pride shows its self in a season when someone says, “I need you”. What motivates us when we are helping people.
3. Lack of humility.
1. Acknowledging your own bankruptcy and owning the fact that you need the counsel of God.
2. Learn to hear from God.
3. Stop trivializing the counsel from God.
4. Value others speaking into your life.