Outbound Bridges: Prayer Provides: True Gift
Topic: Biblical Passage: 2 Corinthians 5:13–5:16, Ephesians 6:18–6:20, Colossians 4:2–4:4
I am not old enough to ask for things... We ask for things when we don't know what to ask for.
Prayer is primarily about worship, not a shopping list.
Worship is the fuel and destiny return of mission.
1.) Prayer is worship
2.) Prayer is a celebration.
3.) Prayer gives us purpose.
4.) Prayer provides blessing.
5.) Prayers is meditative and reflective
- 2 Corinthians 5:13-16
- prayer aligns our minds/ thoughts
- We were created to reflect the glory of God and we are frustrated unless we are fulfilling that.
- Jonah improperly used prayer.
- Peter used prayer properly.
- This is warfare, our stance should reflect that
- Ephesians 6:18-20
- Gets us ready for battle.
- Charges our risk and resolve
- We need to be sustained to fuel us to keep loving and spending, even when we do not see the results
- Paul asks for boldness to open his mouth
- Esther 4:12-17
- What's your purpose?
- Colossians 4:2-4
- Prayer shapes our edge and clarity
- "Continue in prayer for me" - keep our aim
- Opens doors
- Why are you here? Why should anyone care?
- Prayer gives us the "why"
Pray to know your purpose.