Outbound Bridges: A Serious Talk
Topic: Biblical Passage: 1 Peter 1:1–1:2, 1 Peter 2:9–2:10
- Not as in trouble but as a mentor, coach or parents.
- Time is precious - we do not know the days we have left
- It's dangerous to hear from God and not do anything about it.
Prayer is primary and very specific.
1 Peter 1:1-2
- Sent one - his identity
- God is serious about His love and intentional rescue of us.
- How serious are we about being intentional for prayer for one another and unbelievers?
1 Peter 2:9-10 "Sprinkled with Blood"
1.) Forgiven and Healed - Leviticus 14:6-7
2.) Ordained as Servants - Exodus 29:21
3.) Called into Covenant - Exodus 24:3-8
How does this seriousness relationship look like?
- Be intentional and plan to pray
“There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared. It is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment. Wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God. Not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.” - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Who are the people in your life you can be praying for and intentional about, write down:
Outbound Pryers from the Scripture
1.) Prayer that God will draw them to Christ. - John 6:44
2.) Ask that they will seek to know God. - Acts 17:27
3.) Pray Satan will be bound from blinding them to the truth. - 2 Corinthians 4:4
4.) Pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them of sin. - John 16:8
5.) Pray that God will send someone to lead them to Christ. - Matthew 9:38
6.) Pray that they will accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. - Romans 10:9
7.) Pray that they will turn from their sin. - Acts 3:19
8.) Pray that they will give Jesus the rule over their life. - Philippians 3:8-9
9.) Pray that they will take root and grow in Christ. - Colossians 2:6-7
10.) Pray that they will share Christ with others. - Matthew 28:19-20
Why would we not do this?
How to counter this:
- Talk to each other and encourage each other
- Pay intention in times of worship (the words and what's being said/sang)