The 3G Life: Grounded in the Gospel
Topic: Biblical Passage: 2 Timothy 1:1–1:6
What makes you tick?
(G)round everything in the Gospel
(L)ive sacrificially for this
(O)verwatch: guard from mission creep
(Y)ield to accountability
I will be your God, you will be my people, and I will dwell among you.
- Genesis 3:8
- Exodus 25:8
- Revelation 21:3
- Psalm 16:11
- John 10:10
--> Life --> Abundant --> with Him
- John 14:1-3
Gospel: God has done all that is needed to be done in order to restore His people to His Kingdom where His glorious presence can be displayed, enjoyed, and worshipped.
The goal of missions is the gladness of peoples in the greatness of God. "The LORD reigns, let the earth rejoice; let the many coastlands be glad!" (Psalm 97:1). "Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you! Let the nations be glad and sing for joy! (Psalm 67:3-4)...Missions begins and ends in worship. Worship is the expression of JOY... - John Piper
If one looks at the New Testament evidence one gets another impression. Mission begins with a kind. Of explosion of joy. The news that the rejected and crucified Jesus is alive is something that cannot possibly be suppressed. It must be told. Who could be silent about such a fact? - Leslie Newbigin
2 Timothy 1:1-6
2 Timothy 2:10
(G)rounded in the Gospel
- 2 Timothy 1:9-11
- Galatians 2:14
"From this we see that the Christian life is a process of renewing every dimension of our life-- spiritual, psychological, corporate, social-- by thinking, hoping, and living out the 'lines' or ramifications of the gospel. The gospel is to be applied. To every area of thinking, feeling, relating, working, and behaving." - Tim Keller
#1 - The Gospel is the singular penultimate source of healing and change...of joy and transformation!
- Colossians 1:6
- It is "ALIVE and POWERFUL"
- Hebrews 4:12
- The founding in the gospel is the singular penultimate way we bear fruit
#2 - The Gospel is sufficient!
- Colossians 1:6
(L)ive dangerously, live sacrificially, live courageously
- 1 Timothy 6:12
- 1 Timothy 1:18
- 2 Timothy 4:7
1. To fight the good fight, you must prioritize the gospel.
2. The gospel is prioritized when all other distractions are actively fought (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
- 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
- Matthew 28:18-20
1. Our MC's will be grounded in the gospel
2. Together, in community, we will seek to FAN THE FLAME of our gifts, our mission to expand glory through the lens of the gospel
3. We will love one another, serve one another, and spur one another on to love and good deeds with the gospel