Reckless Love: Failure to Thrive
Topic: Biblical Passage: Hosea 7:1–7:16
"Failure To Thrive"
Failure to THRIVE IN THREE AREAS in chapter 7
- "Unturned CAKE": Wanting the wrong things... Hosea 7:8
- "Silly DOVE": TRUSTING the wrong things... Hosea 7:11
- "Treacherous BOW": WORSHIPPING the wrong things...
THE PROMISE FOR THRIVING
We have all we need for THRIVING
FLOURISHING with victory over "cakes, doves and bows"
- There is a NEW DECLARATION about you..."I will remember their sins no more"
- Your sins are forgiven Romans 8:1
- You are declared righteous
2. There is a NEW WORK in you..."I will put my laws into their minds and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be my people
- In Christ you are a new creation 2 Corinthians 5:17
- You have a new heart, of flesh, not stone... that communes with the Holy Spirit in you.
1 Corinthians 12:13
Power over "Cakes, Doves, and Bows" or... Now what?
- GROW!!!! Flourish in the WORD Ephesians 4:15, 1 Peter 2:2
- GROW in the WORD for the purpose of Good works! Colossians 1:9-10
- Grow in the WORD for the purpose of good works IN COMMUNITY