Reckless Love: The Transforming Power of Grace
Topic: Biblical Passage: Hosea 12:1–12:6
The Cliff Notes on Hosea
- By grace, God called a people as His own possession
- By grace, God has rescued His people from exile….
- God’s people are free but they are not living free….
- The consistent thread woven into the book is a plea to COME BACK to their first love…to see GRACE!
Returning through Grabbing, Wrestling and Experiencing!
- Hosea 12:3a
Heal Grabbing is both a forecast of character and a sign of God’s purposes and work! God’s calling on a deceiver!
- Romans 9:11-12
Heel Grabber Repentance: Look and behold grace, you are a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior
- Ephesians 1:4-6
- Ephesians 1:11-12
Heel Grabbing Repentance: The way back is the same as they way we were found, the glorious grace of God found in the gospel!
- My love for you is overwhelming, so infinitely glorious, so “reckless”, that it compelled me, when you were helpless (even before you were born, before the foundations of the world), to set my affections on you forever.
- My love for you is so overwhelming, so infinitely glorious, so “reckless”, because it is UNCONDITIONAL.
- My love is INFINITELY GLORIOUS
- Beholding GRACE dispels self-righteousness, self-reliance, and self-focus!
Returning through WRESTLING:
(taking hold of what you have been promised)
- Hosea 12:3b
- 1 Timothy 6:12
Returning through EXPERIENCING:
- Hosea 12:4
- Genesis 28:10-12
- Genesis 28:13-17
- John 1:51
Returning…living in light of GRACE
- Stop naval gazing…
- Look at the GRACE of God found in the gospel, wrestle to take hold of what has been done for you….
- Love because He first loved you…
- 1 John 4:19