Jesus The Storyteller: Do You Love Me More than These?
Topic: Biblical Passage: Matthew 13:44–13:46
Parable: A story that uses indirect communication to subversively dismantle our wrong values and understanding of the Kingdom and changes the way we view the world (His Kingdom).
What do we value, Cherish, and love most?
Treasure....your heart and life, will be there....
17th century English nonconformist preacher Phillip Henry had said, "He is no fool who parts with that which he cannot keep, when he is sure to be recompensed with that which he cannot lose."
What do we value, cherish and love most?
- John 21:15
1. The measure is Jesus (and His Kingdom) and He is not something you pay for...you having stumbled upon Him or "found" Him is meant to emphasize the fact that He is free to you because of what Jesus has done.
2. Jesus (His Kingdom) is so infinitely more valuable than Everything that one would gladly (with joy) give everything to have Him.
Why is it so valuable?
Where are we?
1. The King (in His Kingdom) is saving us (by continuous faith in the gospel) From everything that diminishes what is perfect and awesome!
- 1 Corinthians 15:2
The King saves us From Fear
God has promised to never leave us or forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5-6; 2 Timothy 1:7) Christ has promised to always be with us. We have been accepted as children of God.
The King saves us From the Sting of Death!
- 1 Corinthians 15:55
The King saves us From Shame
- Hebrews 12:1-2
The King saves us From His Wrath
- Romans 8:11
1. The King (in His Kingdom) saves us From everything horrible!
2. The King saves us To everything that is wonderful! He saves us To a community For a mission!
"The seeking of the Kingdom of God is the chief business of the Christian life." - Jonathan Edwards
Where are we?