RCS is a nonprofit that provides Help & Hope to people facing hunger, homelessness and domestic violence in Pinellas County, Florida for over 50 years.
- Founded in 1967 by a network of churches and houses of faith in response to common social ills
- Charity Navigator has given us their highest rating! 92¢ of every $1 goes directly to helping the families and
individuals who rely upon RCS for help with hunger, homelessness or domestic violence
- Although we aspire to achieve enough of a profit margin to reinvest in our programs, services and facilities, we
operate on a neutral budget with no ‘embarrassment of riches’
- We maintain over 60,000 square feet of program and service space for over 130,000 individual
recipients/participants, (equal to greater than 15% of the population of Pinellas County), annually
- We deliver our mission utilizing a workforce made up of only 80 employees and over 2,500 volunteers
- We have an annual operating budget of over $10 million
- We receive roughly $9.5 million in annual support. Greater than 70% comes from government grants and contracts.
Less than 20% comes from private donations. The remaining support comes from special events and foundations.
Less than 1% of this support comes from the local churches and other faith-based organizations.
Our Programs & Services
- RCS Food Bank provides nutritious food to our Pinellas County neighbors who need help stretching their grocery
- 70,000 neighbors served annually; more than the seating capacity of Raymond James Stadium!
- 32,000 of these neighbors are senior citizens and children
- Over 1 million lbs of food is distributed from our warehouse annually
- We support 70-100 other local food banks and pantries
- RCS Grace House helps individuals and families facing homelessness return to self-sufficiency. We provide families with 8 weeks of apartment style housing and other wrap-around services
- Helped 550 family members stay together, including 330 children
- All children attended school or were enrolled in day care
- All adults were either seeking or gainfully employed during their stay
- Over 90% of our participants transitioned into permanent housing following their stay
- RCS Thrift Store provides high quality shopping experiences for our community and program participants at little to no cost
- Served 1000 participants, community members and partner nonprofits
- Provided over $50,000 in merchandise that included clothing and household goods
- Free clothing for members of the homeless community weekly
- Generates modest revenue to support RCS programs and Services through our Home Mission Fund
- The Haven of RCS provides safety, security and support for women and children facing domestic abuse
- Outreach Center serves nearly 17,000 women and children annually
- Our safe house sheltered over 300 women and children last year
- We provide a resource list for men needing assistance with domestic violence issues
- Our hotline receives over 4,000 calls annually with requests for assistance in matters of domestic violence
- RCS Affordable Housing provides comfortable, safe, affordable housing and support individuals and families
- Our housing community serves 12 families and nearly 40 individuals annually
- We provide a wrap-around programs and services to our residents that are conducive to self-sufficiency
- Our programs and include educational initiatives, financial literacy, workforce development and life skill
- 100% of our residents participated in and successfully completed a comprehensive program prior to
securing a housing unit