RCS is a nonprofit that provides Help & Hope to people facing hunger, homelessness and domestic violence in Pinellas County, Florida for over 50 years.
- Founded in 1967 by a network of churches and houses of faith in response to common social ills.
- Charity Navigator has given RCS their highest rating! 92¢ of every $1 goes directly to helping the families and individuals who rely upon RCS for help with hunger, homelessness or domestic violence.
- Although RCS aspires to achieve enough of a profit margin to reinvest in programs, services and facilities, RCS operates on a neutral budget with no ‘embarrassment of riches’.
- RCS maintains over 60,000 square feet of program and service space for over 130,000 individual recipients/participants, (equal to greater than 15% of the population of Pinellas County) annually.
- RCS utilizes a workforce made up of only 80 employees and over 2,500 volunteers.
- RCS has an annual operating budget of over $10 million.
- RCS receives roughly $9.5 million in annual support. Greater than 70% comes from government grants and contracts. Less than 20% comes from private donations. The remaining support comes from special events and foundations. Less than 1% of this support comes from the local churches and other faith-based organizations.
RCS Programs & Services
- RCS Food Bank provides nutritious food to our Pinellas County neighbors who need help stretching their grocery budget.
- 70,000 neighbors served annually; more than the seating capacity of Raymond James Stadium!
- 32,000 of these neighbors are senior citizens and children.
- Over 1 million lbs. of food is distributed from RCS warehouse annually.
- RCS supports 70-100 other local food banks and pantries.
- RCS Grace House helps individuals and families facing homelessness return to self-sufficiency. RCS Grace House provides families with 8 weeks of apartment style housing and other wrap-around services.
- Helped 550 family members stay together, including 330 children.
- All children attended school or were enrolled in day care.
- All adults were either seeking or gainfully employed during their stay.
- Over 90% of participants transitioned into permanent housing following their stay.
- The Haven of RCS provides safety, security and support for women and children facing domestic abuse.
- Outreach Center serves nearly 17,000 women and children annually.
- RCS safe house sheltered over 300 women and children last year.
- RCS provide a resource list for men needing assistance with domestic violence issues.
- RCS hotline receives over 4,000 calls annually with requests for assistance in matters of domestic violence.
- RCS Affordable Housing provides comfortable, safe, affordable housing and support individuals and families.
- RCS housing community serves 12 families and nearly 40 individuals annually.
- RCS provide a wrap-around programs and services to our residents that are conducive to self-sufficiency.
- Programs include educational initiatives, financial literacy, workforce development and life skill development.
- 100% of RCS residents participated in and successfully completed a comprehensive program prior to securing a housing unit.